Munchkin is going through a very interesting phase.
He has learnt that he is not supposed to do things. Things being…
- eat the plant that sits on the living room windowsill
- eat the remote control for the tv
- eat my blackberry (would be ok if it were blackberries…)
- eat the sharp pointy wooden doorstop
- eat the cardboard box that dissolves in his mouth
- eat things he has pulled out of the bin
you get the picture..
The interesting thing is that we are trying to teach him “NO!” and he really does get it fully. He knows he is not supposed to be doing these things but his main amusement is to venture towards the forbidden object, turn round to check if we are watching him and then give the biggest grin.
Depending on how ornery brave he is feeling he’ll actually go ahead and try it anyway. Of course, he promptly gets scooped up and deposited somewhere far away from the potentially lethal object of his desire.
I just find it so interesting to watch him work things out, test us, be amused by the situation, be brave, take a risk, be strong willed.
The kid is VERY strong willed already….definitely takes the stubborn side from his dad.
Although I told my mum about this and she laughed and laughed and laughed…not entirely sure why?