Having read lots of my American friends’ posts about reasons they are thankful today I like the idea of expressing that very much. In a twist of fate I am not American and so don’t traditionally celebrate thanksgiving but my husband is and now, so is my son (after our little trip to the US embassy, he now has 2 passports – a mini James Bond!!).
So in their honour or should I say honor, here are a tiny number of the reasons why I am thankful today:
1) for my healthy, happy little family – what more could you ask for in life?
2) for the love and support of family and friends, near and far.
3) for the opportunity being a mum has given me to make new friends on and off line. You are never too old to make a new friend.
4) for getting back into my favourite jeans.
5) for words like snickerdoodle and pop which make my son laugh like crazy.
6) for the fact I can listen to my son laugh like crazy.
7) for having a warm, comfortable roof over our heads.
8 ) for the 101 power ballad songs my husband just downloaded – final countdown anyone?
9) for having a husband who will sing the “final countdown” at the top of his voice while dancing round the kitchen with me.
10) for cats. I love cats. They rock. One day soon I hope to get one.
11) for crisp, bright autumn days, perfect for long walks with munchkin.
12) for whoever invented the cot mobile which keeps munchkin amused long enough for me to have a shower.
13) for chocolate chip cookies, fresh pineapple, basil leaves, almonds, mozzarella, extra virgin olive oil and dare I say it, coca cola. Not altogether though..
14) for being able to go home to my parents this Christmas.
15) for the gift of a son to my brother and his wife. Can’t wait to meet my nephew!
16) for the comfy and ridiculously expensive nursing chair I am sitting on right now. Clever store layout people who put these in the middle of the baby section for tired pregnant ladies to rest on.
17) for love
A small section of the first few things which come to mind at 01.07am while I am feeding my son.
I have so much to be thankful for so I wish you all a happy happy thanksgiving wherever you are.